Ann Blanche Smith School PTA – 2017-2018
Dear Smith School Parents and Guardians:
On behalf of the Smith School PTA, we would like to welcome you to the 2017-2018 school year! Before we know it September will be here! We’ve been hard at work planning for an great school year for our children. Listed below is an introduction to the PTA for our new families (and a refresher for our seasoned families):
Our primary objective as a PTA is to provide our school with funds, programs, resources and services that will enrich every aspect of each child’s lives including personal, social, educational and communal. To meet this important goal we must fundraise. Last year the PTA held many activities like our Book Fair, Fall Festival, Community Dining Nights, Smith Night Out; and more! We collected Box Tops and did a Fun Run! We added enrichment opportunities via our LEGO program, Science and Art/Music programs and more. The PTA used the funds raised to expand the teachers’ resources so students can continue to receive the outstanding education that they need and deserve. And air conditioning was added to rooms that needed it most. As you can see, we are a busy group. This is where you can come in! We need your help, and so do your children.
Become a Volunteer - Why YOU should get involved
Whatever your own level of flexibility, our PTA always appreciates its parent volunteers, as do our teachers and staff. Keep in mind that by volunteering you will get to enjoy interacting with the kids, become friends with other parents, and accomplish things that truly make a difference. Whether you have 30 minutes or a couple of hours, your ideas, your time, and your talents are truly needed. We can match your time constraints and interests to needed tasks. We have many ways in which everyone can contribute and we need your ideas and energy!
We encourage you to stay connected and be a part of the Smith School team!
- Visit the school website: Bookmark or add this page to your fFvorites!
- Read the PTA newsletter. Every Friday a newsletter is posted to the Friday’s Folders tab on the school website (and emailed to our email distribution list). We encourage you to check it regularly for important info on upcoming events and happenings.
- Join the PTA! It is your direct link to your child’s education and the perfect way to stay informed. Moms, Dads, Guardian’s, Grandparents – ALL are welcome!
- Attend PTA meetings. Be in the know, share your ideas, and communicate with the administration, teachers, and other parents. Dates and times of upcoming meetings will be posted on our website, Facebook page and sent via email.
- Support fundraising programs and PTA events. Support our school throughout the year!
Please feel free to reach out, ask questions, and bring your ideas. We are a TEAM! We look forward to a productive and fun school year and are very excited to be working with the wonderful administration, teachers, staff and families of Ann Blanche Smith School for our first term as co-presidents.
Enjoy the rest of the summer and see you soon!
Lydia Pranke and Robert Cinek
Ann Blanche Smith School PTA Co-Presidents
We post regularly on happenings @Smith!
The Ann Blanche Smith School PTA website is operated and maintained solely by the Ann Blanche Smith School PTA, a non-profit corporation of New Jersey. It is not operated or controlled, affiliated with or sponsored by the Hillsdale Board of Education.