Welcome to Technology @ Meadowbrook
As Hillsdale Schools continue to move into the 21st century, Meadowbrook students in grades 2 through 4 have begun using G Suite for Education from Google (GSFE). GSFE is a set of online apps that provides word processing, presentations, spreadsheets, drawings, collaboration, time management, an online classroom environment, and document storage.
Our primary reasons for supplying these apps to our students are:
- To facilitate the “paperless” transfer of work between students and teachers
- To provide long-term storage space for student work
- To help students work collaboratively and engage in peer-editing of documents
- Google Drive allows multi-user access and editing of a single document
- Google Classroom creates a paperless environment where teachers can provide assignments, students can turn in those assignments and receive comments and grades all without the use of a single piece of paper
All of these apps are housed in the “cloud” and can be accessed from any Internet-connected computer using the Google Chrome browser.
To ensure the safety of students, the Google Drive accounts we create for students are “closed” to the hillsdaleschools.org domain. This means that students can only share documents with their teachers and other students within the district.
Questions? Please feel free to email me @ email@example.com
Background image: <a href="http://www.freepik.com/free-vector/internet-doodles_762289.htm">Designed by Freepik</a>