COVID-19 GUIDELINES WHEN TO STAY HOME:
- Stay home from school for any new symptoms, such as cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new loss of smell/ taste, fever, chills, shivers, muscle aches, headache, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fataigue, congestion or runny nose.
- Have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- Close Contact: have been within 6 feet of a COVID-19 positive person for more than 10 minutes
- Have traveled to an area of high transmission in the last 14 days.
- Tested positive (viral test) for COVID-19
WHEN TO RETRUN TO SCHOOL AFTER AN ILLNESS:
- If there was NO exposure to a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, the student can retrun based on regular school protocols (see "sick-guidelines")
- If there was exposure to a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, the student can retrun when at least 10 days have passed since symptom onset and at least 24 hours have passed since symptoms resolution and no use of fever reducing medicine
Please contact the school for any symptoms
Face masks with ventilation valves - DO NOT USE THEM
What does the mask do? Watch this educational video with your children.
September 8, 2020
The below information is being shared with us by the Northwest Bergen Regional Health Commission. They have advised we share this information with parents. This is a public service announcement only and not indicative of a current health challenge within the Hillsdale Public Schools.
Beginning Monday, August 31, Hackensack University Medical Center (HUMC) will offer expedited Covid testing for school families and staff through our drive through testing sites. If a school student or staff member who is attending in-person school (or someone living in the same household as a student/staff member) has Covid symptoms or significant Covid exposure, th
ey are advised to call the "School Covid Testing Hotline" at 551-996-1600. When calling, please specifically ask for the "School Covid Testing Hotline," as this number is being staffed by the Pediatric ER and the person answering will then direct the call appropriately. A test will be scheduled for the same or next business day, with expedited turnaround time.
Please note, that this is a testing service, not a clinical evaluation service. It is being offered by HUMC to all schools in our area in order to help fill the gap in testing availability so that schools can stay open safely.
Robert Lombardy Jr., Ed.S.
Superintendent of Schools
Hillsdale Public Schools