GEORGE WHITE SCHOOL FAMILIES
Track Interscholastic starts 4/11/23, 6th-8th grades only, physicals were due by 3/17/23.
Basketball Intramurals starts 4/11/23, 5th-8th grade 5th only requires a parent permission form, 6-8th grade physicals were due by 3/17/23.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me regarding questions on physicals..
If your child is exhibiting COVID symptoms please keep them home and get tested for COVID.Symptoms include the following: fever, chills, muscle aches, runny nose, congestion, headache, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue..It is not too early to get your Flu Shot. Below is a link from the CDC regarding Influenza.Northwest Bergen Regional Health Commission (NWBRHC) is the agency that provides public health nursing services to the borough of Hillsdale, including the Hillsdale Public Schools. Their phone number is: 201-445-7217Students with life threatening allergies - if your child has a life threatening allergy and requires Epinephrine during the school day please be sure to have the Epinephrine FARE allergy form along with the necessary Epi Pen Designee paperwork (and the Epinephrine medication) found on my website under MEDICAL FORMS.Hillsdale Boro Office of Emergency Management (OEM)If you are a senior citizen and in need of medication, food shopping or any other help, please call Kathy Elgert 201.664.7100 ext 110, our local assistance director.Remember to wear your mask, wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, and do not touch your face. Cover your cough and stay home if you feel sick, and follow social distancing precautions.
- General stomaches,stomach virus, headaches and colds were seen this week in my office...
- Please keep your children home if they are not feeling well, call your doctor to schedule appointments if they are congested and have a cough..
- Thank you to those families that have emailed me during this past week to keep me updated. This is an ongoing collaboration between our school and your families.
- Remember to pack refillable water bottles.
- Please call in any absences with the reason for absence or lateness to the ATTENDANCE LINE 201.664.0286 and follow the prompts.
- If anyone in your home has been diagnosed with COVID or has been identified as a CONTACT, please call/email me.
- Individuals who test positive for COVID 19 must stay home for 5 days. If fever free for 24 hours and symptoms have improved, you may return to school and wear a mask indoors and outdoors during days 6-10.
- Individuals who are close contacts (exposure) or family members are no longer recommended to quarantine regardless of vaccination status, as long as the exposed person remains asymptomatic and wears a mask indoors and outdoors for 10 days after the exposure.
- PLEASE CONTACT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER FOR GUIDANCE SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY HEALTH CONCERNS.
Seasonal Flu InformationPlease see the link below to the CDC website for general information specific to the 2022-2023 Flu season. It's not too early to be vaccinated! Other important links below:
Please remember to keep your children home if they have a fever and MUST BE 24 HOURS FEVER FREE BEFORE RETURNING TO SCHOOL without the use of fever-reducing medication.ABSENCES: Please be sure to send your child in with either a doctor's note or note from home explaining the reason for the absence.Please let me know if your child has any communicable illnesses/issues, ex. strep throat, influenza, or conjunctivitis, impetigo, or head lice.All medications, prescriptions, AND non-prescriptions require a physician's order and a dated note from home giving permission for me to administer that medication accordingly.Administration of medication forms/EPI Pen designee paperwork and self-administration of medication are on my website under MEDICAL FORMS for this year's medications. This must be done on a yearly basis for renewal with doctors and parents' signature on these forms.All State Mandated screenings will be given this year, such as height, weight, vision, blood pressure, hearing and scoliosis screenings.This is to remind you that parties, including food, are not permitted. Parties and celebrations can be safe and fun without food. Please review our revised Food Allergy Guidelines for additional information. They can be found on the Health Office websites for each school. For your convenience, here is a link: Hillsdale Public Schools Food Allergy Guidelines
- Northwest Bergen Regional Health Commission
- Car Seat Safety
All New Student Physical Examination forms, Immunization forms, and Questionnaires are due NOW. All completed Food Allergy Packets, Medication Administration forms, and other medical plans/forms are due NOW. If you need to bring in medication for your child, please remember to complete all the paperwork. Our Food Allergy Guidelines were revised and approved over the summer. Please be sure to view them.
PARENT PORTAL - Please be sure to update your contact/emergency contact information if you have any changes to your home, cell or work numbers. These are important contact phone numbers if your child is ill, for the nurse to contact you in an emergency. Please review this whenever you change a home or cell phone number, or change an emergency contact person.HEALTH OFFICE - Weekly Information link in the George White Weekly Parent Newsletter. This is the primary way of communicating important Health Information to our School community. Specifically, you may also go to the School Website - to HEALTH OFFICE under the OUR SCHOOL tab, to view important weekly communicable health information.
Nurse Christina Fanelli
RN BSN NJ-CSN
Certified School Nurse
Johnson and Johnson School Nurse Fellow