Meadowbrook SchoolMrs. R. Kessler, MSN, RN CSN-NJSchool Nurserkessler@hillsdaleschools.comWelcome to the Meadowbrook School Health Office.Update as of Thursday September 9, 2021***Please be aware that at this time we are a Peanut and Tree nut free school, this includes Lunch and Snack times***
+Here are some helpful tips:*Pack a couple of Extra Masks in backpack* Change of Clothes (Messes happen)*Apply Sunscreen/send hat*Send Refillable water bottles(there is a filtered water fountain outside of the Health Office)*Allergy medication, if indicated by Physician*Please review "Food Allergy Guidelines" which can be found on website under "Health Office" for acceptable snacks eaten in the ClassroomAny questions or concerns are always welcomed!Enjoy your family!Mrs Kessler, RN
PLEASE REMEMBER TO COMPLETE THE DAILY QUESTIONNAIRE EVERY DAY, INCLUDING DAYS WHEN YOUR CHILD IS ABSENT. THIS IS IMPORTANT DATA THAT INFORMS DECISIONS THAT KEEP ALL OF US AS SAFE AS POSSIBLE DURING THE PANDEMIC. THANKS FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND PATIENCE!
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE COVID-19 ACTIVITY LEVEL IN OUR REGION OF THE STATE (NORTHEAST) "MODERATE" LEVEL currently. (September 2021)
1. ALL STUDENTS AND STAFF WITH COVID-19 SYMPTOMS AND THEIR CLOSE CONTACTS MUST STAY HOME 24 HOURS WITHOUT SYMPTOM, AND MUST PRESENT A NEGATIVE COVID TEST IN ORDER TO RETURN.
2. ALL STUDENTS AND STAFF WITH CLOSE CONTACTS WHO HAVE COVID-19 SYMPTOMS MUST STAY HOME AND MUST PRESENT A NEGATIVE COVID TEST IN ORDER TO RETURN.
Northwest Bergen Regional Health Commission is the agency that provides public health nursing services to the borough of Hillsdale, including The Hillsdale Public Schools. Their phone number is 201-445-7217.
Rapid COVID-19 Antigen Testing - https://pmpediatrics.com/directory/
It's time to get your flu shot. Please see this link to the CDC for general information specific to the 2021-2022 flu season.
MANDATORY DAILY STUDENT QUESTIONNAIRE
Please remember to CONTINUE to complete the mandatory questionnaire every morning by 8:10 AM. A reminder will be sent at 8:15 AM if it has not been received. A final report will be run at 8:40 AM and students whose parent has not provided the electronic submission or hard copy will not be permitted to enter their homeroom until received. The questionnaire can be accessed and electronically submitted through the Parent Portal. If the Parent Portal is down, please complete one of the hard copies that were sent home and send it to school with your child. Only one questionnaire is to be completed each day. For students who reside with more than one parent, the parent who is with the student that morning should be the one to complete it. All staff members are also required to complete the daily questionnaire.
* If you answer "yes" to ANY symptom in the first and second questions and/or have a fever of 100.4 or above (without fever-reducing medication), do not send your child to school. Consult your health care provider. A negative COVID test will be required to return to school.
* If you answer "yes" to one or both of the two COVID contact questions, do not send your child to school. Consult your health care provider. A negative COVID test will be required to return to school.
* If you answer "yes" to the pending COVID-19 testing question, do not send your child to school until you have received a negative result and your healthcare provider has provided written documentation that your child is cleared to return to school.
*For those not completing the MANDATORY questionnaire, you will receive a message from the district by 9:00 AM. Failure to complete the questionnaire immediately will result in the need for you to pick up your child.
* If you answer "yes" to any of the travel questions, please email me immediately providing the state or country to which you traveled and the date you returned to NJ. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. It is critically important that you remain aware of the NJ State Quarantine List if traveling within the US or to a US territory as well as the International Quarantine List if traveling outside of the US. The links are:
States and Territories on NJ Quarantine List: https://covid19.nj.gov/faqs/nj-information/travel-and-transportation/which-states-are-on-the-travel-advisory-list-are-there-travel-restrictions-to-or-from-new-jersey
International Quarantine List: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2021-ncov/travelers/map-and-travel-notices.html
Please be sure that your child comes to school each day with a face covering or mask that fits well. It MUST fully cover the nose and mouth. It should feel comfortable and snug. Valved masks and gaiters are not acceptable. Please consider providing your child with a spare face covering or mask in the event of soiling or other need to replace it during the school day. Remind your child to wash his/her hands prior to applying a face-covering/mask when touching it, and AFTER removing it. We will reinforce these practices at school.
The New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH) mandates that all children 6 through 59 month of age attending pre-kindergarten receive at least one dose of influenza (flu) vaccine between September 1 and December 31 of each year (N.J.A.C. 8:57-4.19).
- If your child received the influenza vaccine before September 1st, 2021 he or she will be considered compliant as long as the vaccine is for the current flu season.
- Students who fail to be vaccinated by December 31st, 2021, will be excluded from the school for the duration of influenza season (through March 31st, 2022) or until they receive at least one dose of the flu vaccine or until they turn 60 months of age (5 years old)
- Valid medical and religious exemptions are acceptable. Students who have valid medical and religious exemptions are allowed to remain in school. A copy of this document must be in the child’s medical file
- Consider to get the flu shot for the whole family.
- Make sure your child is up-to-date with all immunizations
- Northwest Bergen Regional Health Commission is the agency that provides public health nursing services to the borough of Hillsdale. Their phone number is 201-445-7217
- Rapid COVID-19 Testing - https://pmpediatrics.com/directory/
Daily Student/Staff Questionnaire: Please remember to complete the mandatory questionnaire every morning BEFORE your child leaves for school or staff member leaves for work. It must be electronically submitted through the RealTime portal. If RealTime is down, please complete the hard copy and send it to school with your child. On 9/9/2020, 5 hard copies of the questionnaire will be sent home with each student for this purpose. Only one questionnaire per student or staff member per day is to be completed. For students who reside with more than one parent, the parent who is with the student that morning should be the one to complete it.
If you answer “yes” to any symptoms, please do not send your child to school or go to work, if staff member. Consult your health care provider for further guidance.
If you answer “yes” to one or both of the two travel questions, please email me immediately providing the state or country to which you traveled and the date you returned to NJ. My email address is email@example.com. It is critically important to you remain aware of the NJ State Quarantine List if traveling within the US or to a US territory as well as the International Quarantine List if traveling outside of the US. The links are:
States and Territories on NJ Quarantine List:
International Quarantine List: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/map-and-travel-notices.html#travel-1
Wash those hands,Cover your sneezes and coughs!Remember to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds, refrain from touching your face, cover your coughs, stay home when sick, and follow social distancing recommendations!
.Kindergarten and New Students: All physical examination forms and immunization records are due NOW. This requirement applies to ALL students (hybrid option learners And all-remote option learners). These forms should be mailed, dropped off, or sent to school with your child to the attention of Mrs. Kessler, RN School Nurse. I sincerely appreciate your anticipated compliance with this important state requirement.Students with Life-Threatening Allergies: If your child has a life-threatening allergy and requires access to an epinephrine auto-injector during the school day, please download the forms from the Health Office website and submit them NOW. Additionally, all medication listed in the plan must be provided to the Health Office. Please note, only medication in the original box with the pharmacy label can be accepted.Students with Asthma or other Health Problems: If your child has Asthma and needs treatments in school, print out the Asthma forms from the Health Office website, have them filled out by your child's physician, signed by and returned to the Health Office with the appropriate medications. Please note that due to the Covid 19 pandemic there will be no nebulizer treatments only inhalers. All other health problems also need a medical prescription by your medical provider. This is true for all medications, including "over the counter medications"Please feel free to reach out to me via email/phone for any questions, concerns, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Seasonal Flu Information
All pre-school students under the age of 59 months are required to receive a Flu vaccine by December 20th in order to continue attending pre-school this school year.
It is recommended that all children receive the Influenza vaccine every year.New students, Kindergarten, and 3rd Grade StudentsPlease remember to submit all physicals and immunization forms per district policy. For Kindergarten and new students, a physical examination is required. For 3rd grade students, a physical examination is strongly recommended. Please keep this in mind as you schedule your child's medical appointments.
Pediculosis (Head Lice)
In our ongoing efforts to minimize the spread of pediculosis (head lice), please be vigilant about checking your child's scalp on a regular basis. It is critical to remember that treatment should only be performed if active head lice and/or nits are found and treatment should not be applied as a preventative measure. As always, with contagious issues, it is imperative that you notify me if you find active head lice and/or nits in your child's scalp. Adhering to this practice promotes my ability to minimize the spread by screening others who may have been exposed as well notifying our parent community. All information is kept in strictest confidence. Please see this link for evidence-based information concerning its management. There is additional information under the "Pediculosis (Head Lice) Management" tab on this website.Please report any physician confirmed infectious diseases to the nurse.Cases of lice should be reported to the nurse, even if it is found and treated over a weekend/break.Please notify the health office if your child has any communicable illness/issue (strep throat, respiratory infections, gastrointestinal infections, pink eye, flu, etc). Please be advised that students must be fever-free without taking fever-reducing medications for 24 hours before returning to school.Lunch ApplicationsIf you applied for free/reduced lunch, you must log into the parent portal to check the status of the application.No letters will be sent home this year.