In addition to this pullout program, I also push-in to every K-3 classroom for a for a full year enrichment curriculum. This push-in program includes a Social Emotional Learning curriculum called Peekapak as well as a Higher Level Thinking Skils curriculum called 'PETS' (Primary Education Thinking Skills), which focuses on six different learning styles such as: Creative, Inventive, Logical, Analytical, Visual/Spatial, and Evaluative thinking.Week of March 30th Assignment:
1) Log onto your Google Classroom KQ page for this Week's 1 Minute Math Mystery #3 - TOSS UP! - please submit and share your answers with me and your class "publicly" by adding a comment to the KQ Google Classroom Page.
2) 30 minutes of coding on Code.org or CS-FirstWeek of March 23rd Assignment:Please log onto your Google Classroom KQ page for your assignmentYou will read TWO one-minute mysteries & answer the questions via Google ClassroomYou may also continue coding on CS-First or Code.org4th Grade KQ 2019-2020Please spend 1 hour (or more) coding once a week at home. You have 2 options.....1) Code.org - click on the URL below:(Meadowbrook students - please email Mr. V for your code.org Username & PW)2) CS-First - click on the URL below (type Username & PW and your Passport) You may work on ANY and ALL Activities!
Click below to download and print KQ General Expectations & Agreement Form:
STEM Engineering Challenge #1 - Jump Frog, Jump!
www.Code.orgUNPLUGGED Songwriting Activity Songs:You Get What You Give:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc6jd9P1X6wLittle Bunny Foo Foo:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCWkL3Ggb6QI'm a Nut:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYVI2SDw1HA3rd Grade KQ Computer Science Curriculum Intro Video:Young Learner Coding wesbites:Exercises to Super-Charge your brain, your focus, and your concentration:Video:
- Design a Tower strong enough to hold a frog using 3" x 5" inch index cards
- Tower must be EXACTLY 24 inches high (no higher or lower)
- Can only use the materials provided:
- 100 Index Cards
- 20 inches of masking tape