The students are doing an amazing job adjusting to the class schedule and routine. They are making significant progress with our intense curriculum. Please continue to reinforce and carry over skills and instructions at home.
1. Decodable Readers/Reading Bag (Sent home Friday – to be returned following Friday, return “Book in the Baggie” every Friday) Every Friday, the students will bring home their decodable book in a plastic baggie labeled with their name on it. Please sit down to review and read every day with your child. The students can read to you, their siblings, stuffed animals, or maybe even FaceTime their aunts, uncles or grandparents! There also will be the high frequency/trick words of the week in the baggie. Please review the words of the week by saying them, spelling them, and making sentences with them. The students will accumulate their own little library for school and home!
2. Math Vocabulary Cards/Math Bag (Sent home Friday – to be returned following Friday, return “Book in the Baggie” every Friday) Every Friday, the students will bring home their math vocabulary cards in a plastic baggie labeled with their name on it. Please sit down to review and read every day with your child. Also please have your child trace the words on the card. The students will accumulate their own little math library of words for school and home! New vocabulary words will be added to the baggie at the beginning of each new chapter. Please remember that we don’t start a new chapter every week)
3. Letter of the Week (Sent home on Friday– to be returned on Tuesday, return “Letter of the Week” pictures or words every Tuesday) The“Letter of the Week” will be sent home every Friday. Over the weekend, please have your child look for pictures or words that start with the letter of the week. You can find these items in magazines, books, newspapers, or even use clip art. Please send in the pictures or words every Monday in a baggie from home with your child’s name. During the week, the class will make a poster of pictures and words to hang in the classroom.
4. Letter of Week worksheet - (Sent home on Monday- to be returned on Friday, return “Letter of the Week” worksheet every Friday). Practice writing the Uppercase and Lowercase letter of the “Letter of the Week” and color the pictures that start with the “Letter of the Week”
5. Reading Log (Sent home on Monday to be read through Sunday, return Reading Log to class every Monday)
Examples of what to include in reading log:
* Read 5-10 minutes each day and fill in log
* Review Reading High Frequency Words and Math Vocabulary Word
* Review the FUNdations packet, by forming the letters correctly on any paper, dry erase boards or even chalk. As long as the students are forming their letters correctly
Thank you for your support and dedication!