Counseling1. 8th Grade Leadership Team
2. Bigs & Littles Program
- 8th grade students will help younger students become acquainted as new students at George White. They will run 5th Grade Summer Orientation days. They will also help prepare students and assist with other 5th and 6th grade activities.
- Leadership Team tasks may include: assisting with the annual Career Fair; leading various GW theme weeks; presenting lessons at Smith and Meadowbrook Schools; and being positive role models for GW students.
- For more information, please contact Ms. Pizzo Jpizzo@hillsdaleschools.com
- Through the Bigs & Littles Program, George White Middle School pairs small groups of 5th graders with caring 7th grade volunteers. This structure works to ensure that all 5th grade students feel accepted, befriended, informed, and connected to George White Middle School to ensure a smooth and successful middle school experience.
- The 7th grade Bigs serve as positive role models for students guiding them towards academic and social success. The Bigs are here to provide support, advice, encouragement, and even friendship to the younger Littles. In turn, Bigs benefit because they are building their own confidence, self-esteem, and leadership skills.
- Fostering school community, school safety, and school spirit throughout the school year are just a few of the Bigs' goals!
- Overall, the Bigs' responsibilities are to help the Littles feel excited to be part of the George White Middle School family, as well as to build character-education skills. The main goal of the Bigs Program is for students to gain an appreciation of each other, teach tolerance, teach respect, work collectively in group settings, and to just have FUN. Activities might include playing a game or doing a craft, cooperatively working on a task, or learning about a character education topic related to middle school like respect, cooperation, friendship, and kindness.
- George White Middle School’s stated goal is: “Dedicated to charting a course of success for today’s and tomorrow’s children, the Hillsdale School District’s mission is to empower all students with an exceptional educational foundation that actualizes their unique potential.” With the addition of this program to the school, George White Middle School is one step closer to achieving this aim.
- For more information, please contact Mrs. Reese Jreese@hillsdaleschools.com
Whenever class time is missed due to meetings of any of these groups, students are required to make-up any/all class work. No exceptions!