• Dispensing Medication


    Pupils requiring medication at school must have the written directions and/or school medication form completed by the family physician. This will identify the type of medication, the dosage, the purpose of the medication, and direct the school nurse to administer the medication as to the time at which the medication shall be administered according to the physicians’ order, and the length of time for which the medication is prescribed, as well as possible side effects. It must be sent in the original bottle with the name of the pharmacy and the medication written on it, along with a note from the parent giving permission to give the medication.

    The school nurse should be advised of any drugs being taken by a child in school or at home, particularly those which might cause a change in behavior.

    Comments (-1)